However, the DNA testing did not conclusively prove that the hair strand found in the trunk belonged to Caylee.
Also, the hair strand found on a shovel, which Casey borrowed from a neighbor, did not belong to either Caylee or Casey:
A list of some of the highlights of the results:
- Confirmation that a hair sample found in the vehicle “exhibits characteristics of apparent decomposition.” The report also says that specific hair is “microscopically similar” to hair investigators took from Caylee’s hairbrush, but couldn’t confirm it was conclusively Caylee’s.
- DNA testing done on that piece of hair and compared with a sample provided by Casey confirmed that neither Casey nor Caylee can be “excluded as the source of the hair,” because the “mtDNA sequences … are the same.”
- Tests also confirmed “residues of chloroform” within a spare tire cover found inside the trunk of Casey’s car. “Residues consistent with chloroform” were also found within the left and right side trunk liner. The report says no other chemicals were detected within those items.
- Odor tests that were conducted on the carpet inside Casey’s car concluded that 80 percent of the chemicals identified were “consistent with decompositional events.” The results of the FBI’s Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) on the same carpet concluded that “while these are still preliminary results … both odor analysis and LIBS results appear to be quite consistent with a decompositional event having occurred in the trunk of the vehicle.”
- The report also clarifies that the tests conducted appear to point to human decomposition and not animal.
- The report’s final conclusion is that the results of the tests and comparisons indicate “that a portion of the total odor signature identified in the Florida vehicle trunk is consistent with a decompositional event that could be of human origin.”
Click on the document image to read the results:
The idiots know how she is and they just keep setting themselves up for more of her Nancy-isms. What’s the point in having these people on, if she isn’t going to listen to what they have to say?